Please join me in congratulating our amazing wildcats!
This past week, they competed in the SkillsUSA National Leadership & Skills Conference, and I am pleased to report the following results. If you see any of these students, please congratulate them in person.
We had more people this year than in recent years and it was such a joy seeing them all succeed. Their accolades are worth extolling. All of our students placed in the Top 10 of their respective events.
- Brooke Gatchell, our state officer for this past year, was elected to national office! We will find out her position on the team in the coming months. It was tough to watch Josie Wolfe finish her term, but we know the next team is very well capable of carrying the organization into future success.
- Daylan Torres competed for a spot on the WorldSkills team, and earned it! He will be representing the USA in Kazan, Russia in 2019 in the event Bakery.
- Shaina Flanagan, our newly elected state officer, earned a Silver Medal (2nd place) in Prepared Speech!
- Drew DuBoff (me!) eared a Silver Medal (2nd Place) in Restaurant Service!
- Katelyn Roy earned a Bronze Medal (3rd Place) in Customer Service!
- Giovanna Aponte placed 6th in Commercial Baking!
- Genesis Rosario placed 6th in Job Skills Demonstration!
- Wilfredo Ortiz, Jake Abbruzzi, and Josiah Sanders placed 6th in Promotional Bulletin Board!
- Benjamin Lind placed 8th in Information Technology Services!
- Karlisle Wilbur, NSO's graphic designer, placed 9th in Advertising Design!
- Sara Kephart placed 9th in Culinary Arts!
On behalf of all the competitors, we would like to thank Mary Bodensiek, Christina Harvey, and Mark Harvey for accompanying us this past week.
Please read more on the JWU blog: https://blogs.jwu.edu/news/jwu-competes-and-wins-at-2018-skillsusa-conference